Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tales from the trenches

It's been a rough couple of weeks for me personally, with moving and some adult growing pains. However, work has kept me busy, and it's been good to have a positive distraction.

Over the last few months, I have taken on more and more clients. I just completed my first RFP, which required me to stay late and get some work done. I was rewarded with a few extra days off for my hard work in between Christmas and NYE. I thought that this was very nice of my boss, because he didn't have to do that!

The last few weeks, my primary focus has been to streamline our communications into one weekly email. Email marketing is the non-profit's baby, because we're always pressed for resources. Many of the emails that I subscribe to send me items everyday. I know you're gonna be surprised by this, I simply don't have time to read them all! I do like the SmartBrief format because they are able to download and digest the most important articles on the relevant topics.

Our new communication has seen a lot of success and praise from our existing client base. We are trying to provide them with tips and tricks on how to better market their career center, so I feel like I am actually having an impact.

Its definitely a change of pace and a welcome one from my last place of employment. Wishing you a pleasant Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment