Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The importance of networking...

Today I got a Facebook message from an old co-worker to phone her sometime today because she could really use my marketing and sales skills. I have never actually worked in sales but I was up for the conversation. When we worked together she had conceived this idea to open a cooking school and was working hard on her business plan. In January, Cookology opened its doors.

It's been up and running successfully and even got some good media coverage within the first few weeks of its open. So she's looking to expand her business some and needs someone to help generate leads and close deals for team building activities. I have always wanted to get into sales and I told her I was totally up for it. It's commission based and so it doesn't pay until I close a deal so the higher the team building event, the better the pay.

Tomorrow I am going to go in and learn more about the store, and start training to be a kid's instructor. While I don't have elementary education experience, I do have swim lesson, and teaching assistant experience. I also feel good about it because I don't have to worry about what will happen when I get a permanent position. It could turn out to be something really lucrative, and I am excited about the prospects. If you know of anyone who is need of a creative, delicious, cost effective team building event. Please contact me and we'll talk numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment