Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolve, Resolute, Resolutions!

As each year turns over, we contemplate what are we going to fix about ourselves.  Don't just make personal resolutions, also make professional ones.  While I haven't contemplated this extensively, here are a few areas that I can improve on.


  1. To continue to put the members of my association first.  The American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy provides a great service to their members, by delivering low cost-continuing medical education that the physician members need.
  2. Be more organized.  My desk right now is a stack of many different piles of paper.  I can always improve this.
  3. Actively listen to members concerns and needs. This is kind of a continuation of number one but I think it's an important distinction.  We are in the process of doing a both a data dig, and a needs assessment survey of our members.  Both of these items will help us uncover what our members want, and need from us today and in the future.
  4. Network with my medical marketing association professionals.  If you're a professional in the medical association space and you have some best practices you can share, I would love to hear from you. 
What do you want to fix professionally? Share your ideas and thoughts here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment